Friday, February 11, 2011

New Computer in My Hands!

Just got my new computer up and running. Sure flies!  I really got lucky here!

My old laptop, an HP D9000, took ill and died.  That is, it died from a voltage surge.  Ok, ok, it took 120VAC into the USB port. Not good. I was able to get it to start once long enough to copy the files from the hard drive to my USB drive. Then after that, no more hard disc. I could boot with Linux on a jump drive or CD but that was it.  Anyway, I use this as my system computer for my ham radio setup. Luckily I have a special insurance policy on my ham radio which also covers my computer. After getting repair estimates and sending all the pertinent information in, HRIA cut me a check to cover it, and here is my new Dell.  Naturally it cost less than half what the other one cost but that isn't important. I (and more importantly my wife, Lori) am back on line. And this thing is cool. 17" screen, 4G Ram, 500G HD, running Windows 7.  Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment