Thursday, December 22, 2011

Working FM Satellites

Wow, working the FM satellites is a blast! It's been some time since I posted here; busy schedule with family and work. But the Satellite Antenna is finished and works well. The FT60 mounts right on the boom and it looks fairly professional if I say so myself. My first contact was near the end of April. I copied a call on AO-51 and responded. It was N9ML. I thought I was talking MILES away. Turns out I could have talked to him on our local repeater! But it was my first satellite contact and I was thrilled. I've had numerous other Satellite contacts. during this time it appears AO-51 is no longer in service. I use AO-27, and SO-50, as my main satellites. QRZ.COM logbook lists my satellite contacts. I have talked to Montana, and I believe my longest one was Ozark, MO. I do have an audio clip on my ham website: www.qsl.net/kb8m. I'll post some pictures here as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment