Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas on CD

A new CD for Christmas!
My wife, Lori, emailed me and said that her work had given them bad printable CD's. They were asked to make them into Christmas ornaments. She asked me if I had any ideas. Really? Me? Oh heck no... well...
If you look at my Facebook page you will find a video of my creation: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=2083814074365

I printed a wreath label to keep it festive. I drilled 4 holes in the CD and installed 4 LED's. On the back is a PIC12F675 programmed to flash several different patterns on the LED's. Also there is a 9V battery taped to the back. Her work loved it! I guess it was left on all week so it was running 24/7. It now needs the battery replaced but should last longer if they shut the switch off... (did I neglect to mention the nifty toggle switch sticking out the front?) That was their favorite part of the CD! Lori has named it her "MORnamant."

No comments:

Post a Comment